Monday, April 27, 2020

Romance Manga

Growing up I have read so much romance manga including, Kaichou wa-maid sama, Ouran Highschool Host Club, and Vampire Knight. Each one having a cherished memory of me and my friends gushing over them in middle school and all through high school. We would always read over each others shoulder when either of us had the new volume of a series and once we finished we were forced to wait till the next one came out, which lead to many theories and debates on what was going to happen nexts. Will our ships sail or would they sink. 

Let's go in order 

Maid Sama: This series keep me on my toes, would Misaki leave the cafe, would her secret be known all around school, would Misaki and Usui end up together? Which all of these end up happening but none was ever portrayed in a negative way and the ending was very sweet. As great as the ending was I still wish that there was more to this series.

Ouran: This was a series I watched and re-watched severals times, and read and re-read several times. This is not just a beloved romance series, it's also a series that good to re-watch and re-read when you need some good vibes or at least that's how it is for me. The anime and the manga both ended very differently with the anime ending at a spot that was half way through in the manga. The show will always have a place in my heart but after reading it through and through, I wish that they made the anime follow the manga, plot get much more interesting and it gives you the character development that everyone wanted to see that characters go through. 

Vampire Knight: I watched the anime of this series til completion and got about to volume 4 of the manga which is about a halfway point in the anime. However through spoilers from my friends I know how the manga ends and honestly the ending for both the anime and the manga where a little bit disappointing. I loved this series, I loved the love struggle between the 3 main characters, but their character development was lacking in opinion. And it was very obvious that Yuki and Kaname were going to be together even after the fact that you find out that they are brother and sister.  

No comments:

Post a Comment